Wednesday 30 June 2010

Why Johnny Can't Make Money Online Part 2 - The Pressure Cooker Syndrome

By Steven_Wagenheim

In this installment of "Why Johnny Can't Make Money Online" I'm going to go over the second reason why this is so. It's called the pressure cooker syndrome. Well, that's what I call it anyway. If you're not familiar with it, don't worry...by the time you're done reading this article, you'll know EXACTLY what it is. In fact, you might find that you're suffering from it as well. Many people do.




Most folks who look to make money online think it really only comes down to two things...what you know and executing what you know. For example, you know how to write salescopy. So you simply advertise that you're a copywriter and get clients. It's that simple. And yes, in theory, it IS that simple. You take your skill, put it out there and make money doing it. I do it all the time. But then that pressure cooker syndrome gets in the way and all the knowledge in the world goes right out the window. What am I talking about?



Well, the pressure cooker is different for each person. For some, it may be that nagging wife or husband who is always complaining to you that you spend too much time on the computer and not enough time with them. People can be really possessive if they want to be. For others, maybe it's the responsibility of having another job or a child to care for. Other responsibilities can really get in the way of making a living online.



And then you've got what I call the real pressure cooker. This may be the worst of them all because there is usually little you can do to conquer this one. I'm talking about people who have serious health issues. Some folks can't even sit at their computer for more than two hours because they're in so much pain. It's really hard to make a living online when you can just about concentrate.



Point I'm trying to make is this. No matter what you know about running a business or how great your product or service is, there are always going to be external factors that will make your job harder. I have them. I've had health issues for over 20 years now. But I have learned to live with them. Some days I can't work, so I don't. The days I can, I do what I can. Fortunately, I've been able to do enough to run a successful business for over seven years now.



But some people can't. They either let these external factors get to them or they literally can't do anything about them. I truly feel for these people. However, if you have external factors that CAN be dealt with...deal with them. Don't let them take over your life. A nagging spouse can be dealt with by asking just one simple question. "Do you want to eat tomorrow?" If the bills being paid depend on you making this work, your spouse will take the hint.



External factors are sometimes hard to overcome, but they CAN be overcome.



To YOUR Success,



Steven Wagenheim



Don't know where to start with your home business? Are you TOTALLY clueless on making a schedule? Visot my site at http://www.stevewagenheim.com/stepbystep/ and grab hold of a simple step by step process that will have your business up and running and IN PROFIT in as little as 30 days.



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steven_Wagenheim

No comments:

Post a Comment