Thursday 6 November 2014

Hidden treasures

Half-term I spent redecorating my son's room. As much as I didn't enjoy the process, I was pleased with the final result. Anyway, to cut a long story short: I found lots of rubbish, I admit, but also a few treasures. Meaning items that could be turned into money. And I am not talking about top range smart phones, as nobody in my family has them, but about some toys, collectables, anything still in good shape that can be turned into cash. You wouldn't believe what people buy on eBay! This thorough cleaning allowed me to think about some more steps I could take to make money.

 My idea of going through "junk" is not new, but hardly any people can be bothered to do something about no longer used items that are just taking space at their home, garage, attic. Even no longer wanted books can be put on Amazon for sale. It may take some time before they are bought, but as long as you don't need room immediately, it's worth putting them aside ready for sale.

 The way of working changes all the time. Supposedly secure jobs are gone at a wink, so it is by far and large better to keep your eggs in a few nests instead of relying on just one stream of income. As soon as you are made redundant, your world collapses, as you have no other plan to live and earn. You are constantly dependent on your 9-5 job, feeling nice and cosy until something happens. Your thinking is limited to the job you are doing. You concentrate on it and are happy when the pay-cheque arrives. But when it doesn't? Immediate panic, unless you have some money put aside for a rainy day. How many people have it though?

 So do what I do. Keep your job, but at the same time start thinking "outside the box". Whenever I walk around my house or strolling outside, I keep on thinking how to turn opportunities that appear into gold.

Then I take action.

Am I always happy with the results? No, unfortunately not, but by doing something instead of sitting and complaining I stand more chance of success. When you discover what works, concentrate on it and dump whatever takes your time but doesn't bring any results (=money).

 Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment